Monday, August 22, 2011

Not quite the way we planned


August 20th

After searching at cycle dealers and hardware stores for a metric nut that would work we came up empty.  So we started crunching numbers on which would be the best way to get home.  We figured renting a uhaul would be best because it would allow for us to get home in time for all of us to get to work on Monday morning.  The closest uhaul place that was open and had what we needed was four hours away in Thunder Bay.   So I jumped on the my bike and headed to Thunder Bay while Ty and Duane would head that direction towing Duane’s bike.  I broke my record for longest ride without getting off as I rode 210 miles before stopping at the uhaul place.  Threw the bike in the back and headed back towards Dryden to find Duane and Ty.  Ran into them about 60 miles east of Dryden, they towed that bike over 100 miles.   Loaded the other two bikes up and headed back towards Thunder Bay around nine pm.

No comments: