Friday, September 19, 2008

Monday September 15th - Split up the combines to finish up by Tuesday night. I ran cart all day. The truck I had been driving all summer left for home with one of the combines.

Tuesday September 16th - Finished cutting today!!!! No more wheat, hard to believe.

Wednesday September 17th - Loaded up what we could. The local case dealer has some interest in the combines so we can’t load them up till we hear from them.

Thursday September 18th - They didn’t want the combines so we loaded them up, which consisted in taking all the tires off the combines so they would be under 12 ft wide. Got everything loaded up and left by 3 pm. I was driving the Duramax w/the 45 ft house trailer which is going to Hydro Oklahoma. I am them comeing back up to Nebraska to drive a truck in to Pa. Got about 180 miles to the town of Pinedale WY.

Friday September 19th - Left at day break. Spilt midway through the day at Kimball NE. I went with Salgells to Holyoke CO. Drove about 550 miles today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you going to stay in PA for a while?
I am sorry we missed seeing each other in Kimball Nebraska. We wre there between the 8th and 11th.
I hope to see some of you, at least, sometimes in PA in the month of November.

Thank you so much for your posting during your interesting journey. I hope you can sleep in your own bed for a while.