Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tuesday August 19th - Today was not the best. Started the morning at 7 and left for Idaho Falls, came back and Clarks combine broke so Eric went to fix that so I drove the grain cart he was running. The cart has an John Deere tractor hooked to it. I got that all figured out and went to unload and sheared the shear bolt on the auger. Fixed that and tried again and sheared another one, so I cracked the auger, made a mess, fixed it again and then it worked. About two hours later I was still running cart and the pin broke and I no longer had a cart behind me. Clark was there by then to run it so I could take another load so we fixed that up and I hit he road for the Falls. I knew I was about a 1,000 pds over weight so I wasn’t really surprised when the red light came on and I had to stop. Turns out he thought that my max weight was 76,500 and I was 80,000. I was told I was legal to 79,000 so I’m not sure were the mix up was. He didn’t fine me though so I didn’t argue to much about it. Got 2 loads=1,685 bu. Total=36 loads=34,795 bu.

Wednesday August 20th - Left at six for the falls and hauled two loads till ten. On my third load I had a tire blow out on my way back. The cap came off and wrapped up around my bumper taking my mud flap off, two tail lights, and half my license plate. Took a little while to fix everything but we finally got it going again. Hauled two more loads in and then went back down and spent the night in my truck so I could get an early start. 5 loads=4,103 bu. Total= 41 loads=38,898 bu.

Thursday August 21st - Fueled up and was at the elevator by seven. Hauled four loads and took another down for an early start. A few of the combines had trouble so that is why I didn’t have as many loads today. Was waiting to get loads in lines of seven trucks sometimes. 4 loads= 3,350 bu. Total=45 loads=42,248 bu.

Friday August 22nd - For today I really know of anything of any interest which happens when I what till Monday to write about Friday. Got 3 loads=2,468 bu. Total=48 loads=44,716 bu.

Saturday August 23rd - Hauled one load in the morning and then jumped in the grain cart because I was last in line out of our trucks. We it turned out I ran the cart for about 4 hours till someone was available to run the cart. So I only got 2 loads today=1,717 bu. Total=50 loads=46,433 bu.

Sunday August 24th - Went to a different church today, Christ Community Church. Stayed in Idaho Falls till early evening. Went to the mall and caught a movie and then went back to the trailer houses and did basically nothing.

Monday August 25th - Hauled three loads to Idaho Falls. Waited in long lines all day.
3 loads=2,481 bu. Total=53 loads=48,914

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos with us. I could see them no problem. I am glad that you take some time off to enjoy doing beside harvesting.